Carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS-as this diagnosis is called in English - speaking countries) is a disease that was previously encountered among a limited range of sometimes quite rare professions, such as typists, sign language interpreters, pianists, violinists, motorcycle racers, professional artists, bricklayers, plasterers, painters, professions associated with vibration load on the hands.Now a much larger number of people are faced with the problem of CTS due to the fact that a huge number of people can not imagine their lives without a computer and the defeat of the wrist apparatus has become more important than ever.
During pregnancy, lactation, when connective tissue loosens and increases the tendency to edema, the likelihood of pathology increases. Also, hormone imbalances triggered by menopause or taking birth control hormonal pills provoke carpal tunnel syndrome.Obesity, acromegaly, thyroid disease, renal failure, injuries and tumors of the shoulder and forearm contribute to the earlier appearance of CTS.
How is CTS - carpal tunnel (tunnel) syndrome formed? In the area of the wrist is the so-called carpal canal, inside which there are many ligaments, tendons, vessels and peripheral nerves, including the median nerve. When the brush is inactive for a long time or often too tense, the blood circulation in it is disturbed and the supply of oxygen to the tissues slows down. There is swelling, lymphatic fluid does not have time to be removed from the forearm, carpal tunnel narrows and compresses the nerve. There is pain, often manifested at night and early in the morning, in the fingers there is a tingling, numbness. If you do not pay attention to this problem, then after a few months there are fibrous changes in the tissues lining the tendon sheaths of the forearm muscles. An amyloid protein is formed. The immune system perceives the altered tissues as foreign and begins to attack them.Thus, inflammation in the tissues of the wrist joint will "fester and flare up" already in the absence of load on the brush. In the affected area, scars and adhesions begin to form. In advanced cases may be permanent, not related to the work of numbness of the hands, loss of sensitivity of some areas and atrophy of the forearm and hand muscles.
CTS treatment is very problematic.Modern medicine offers:
- - conservative treatment consists in physiotherapy, local applications of steroid creams, DMSO, steroid injections or short-term ingestion, along with anti-inflammatory drugs of non-steroidal action.Sometimes laser therapy or balneotherapy, mud applications are used.
- surgical methods of treatment (even in recent years used endoscopic surgery) are traumatic for tissues and cause subsequent post-traumatic edema and scars even with the use of steroids.We should not forget about the long-term post-surgical rehabilitation, movement therapy (kinesotherapy).
Mentioning the medical leech in the treatment of CTS it should be said that no method of modern therapy can even be compared with hirudotherapy.
The naturalness of the action, the absence of side effects, the organic effect on all chains of the pathological process makes this method of treatment truly unique and irreplaceable.
When the prefix leeches sucked a small part of stagnant blood and after its formulation in the human body appear:
- - hirudin that thins the blood, removing microthrombuses with the smallest vessels and greatly increases the microcirculation of the tissue, i.e. increasing the nutrition and respiration of tissues, as well as more rapidly removing the products of exchanges and toxins.
- hyaluronidase, which dissolves scar changes in tissues and restores the metabolic processes between blood vessels and tissues of the body.Hyaluronidase (the same lidase that is injected for resorption of scars and adhesions) in the secret of the leech acts longer and softer.;
- bdellin, which has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- acetylcholine, has the ability to relieve spasm of smooth muscles, relaxes blood vessels.
Medical leech working as a small pharmaceutical factory solves many problems.It relieves inflammation, pain, greatly increases venous and lymphatic flow and outflow to the tissues.
The action is so effective that patients note the removal of symptoms after 1-2 procedures.Of course, patients with long experience of the disease and require more long-term treatment.
Medical leech will allow you to get rid of the problem CTS is painless and stable.Make it a natural way, which mankind has been using for centuries.
A remarkable effect of the leeches was hundreds of years ago, known and successfully used by people in Asia and Europe.They on a whim, empirically found this wonderful animal for the treatment of many diseases.Modern science finds explanations for the phenomena of the action of Hirudo medicinalis-leeches medical .
Despite the centuries - old history of the use of medical leeches and the apparent ease of use of this method, of course, requires professional use.
Patients or people with medical education try to apply leeches or having read literature.This is a dangerous pathway that can lead to ineffective treatment and complications .Unfortunately, I know that even some doctors without a certificate, using leeches, not allowed to use the FDA work with sick people.
I teach students in the USA medical aspects of hirudotherapy and have practical experience in hirudotherapy since the 90s. If you have any questions regarding hirudotherapy, treatment of trophic ulcers and other diseases, please contact our office